Frank Ocean hopped on the phone today with BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe to discuss the release of “channel ORANGE”.Frank discusses why he released the album a week early saying “It was the plan all along, I kind of wanted to mirror what Watch The Throne did”. Speaking on the albums promotion he says “I wanted the music to speak for itself” instead of the traditional format taken by most labels. Listen to the full interview below.
Some other notes:
- His goal with this album was to make things feel cohesive and “true” to himself and “the future” he saw for himself.
- Vinyl edition is releasing on July 31st because Frank Ocean is still designing the artwork for it.
- He recorded parts of the album in a house in Beverly Hills where he recorded the songs “Lost” and “Pyramids”.
- He discusses performing on Jimmy Fallon and the experience of being on the “freezing” set.
- He talks about why he’s selective with his tour dates and performances and his upcoming national tour.